|We still have roses and it's October. I love knockout roses!|
I finally found the perfect dough recipe! I made 3 wonderous things from the batch and they are all pictured here. I love the short rising time and the flavor of the dough. Here's a link to the original recipe from the Cooking Channel. I didn't change any of the ingredients, I just didn't make all of the dough into just rolls.
1. Weigh out your .75 ounces of yeast or use 3 packets:
2. Add water & let it get all bubbly:
3. Add honey:
4. This how I melt butter without a microwave: a tiny little metal thingy from Ikea. It is also how Corey heats up coffee and he gets mad when I melt butter in it. Ahem.
5. Add eggs, salt, flour and such and mix to finish up. I've always needed all 6 cups of flour plus more for dealing with stickiness.
6. Have a puppy to lick up your spilled flour:
8. I still had quite a bit of dough left:
9. So I pulled off little pieces and rolled them a bit in my hands. Baking rolls in a cast iron pan makes them look fancier:
10. Let them rise:
11. Bake! Mine went a bit crazy in the oven:
12. And still there was dough left. So I put it in a bag and in the fridge.
13. And a few days later there was pizza!
Well actually, I roasted a bunch of grape tomatoes & some broccoli in the oven, used up the last of the store bought alfredo sauce, shredded some havarti & smoked gouda, caramelized some onions, sprinkled some sandwich sprinkle (also from Penzeys Spices), and then there was pizza!
Post a Comment