This Weekend We:
- brought over presents from our first wedding shower (thank you!)
- bought a grill & magically fit it in the car with the shower presents
- assembled the wheel barrow & fire pit ring that we bought a couple of weeks ago
- carried painted wood from the old porch (probable lead paint = no burning) that's been sitting in the front yard (fingers crossed that the grass will come back...) to the edge of our property to await being thrown out (we'll probably rent a dumpster for the kitchen renovation this Fall) (so many parentheses)
- burned half the branches from the bonfire pile (that grass is definitely dead by now)
- carried 3 wheelbarrows of leaves from the bonfire pile to the compost pile
- mowed the yard! and even the former prairie
- organized the garage a little bit
- glued & painted the 3 capitals for the tapered columns
- had someone come out to measure & quote us for new basement windows (back to the drawing board because the quote was way out of our budget)
- disconnected a bit more of the barbed wire from the fence around the prairie area
- spent an afternoon & evening with my family for my brother's birthday
Here is what the car looked like with all the shower presents, 6 cases of beer for the wedding, 2 random tools from my Dad, & our weekend bags loaded up:
I looked at that and said, yes, we can fit a grill in there. So I rearranged and Look:
Here's before & after of the backseat.
Okay, I'm done showing off my spatial skills.
I didn't have my fancy camera this weekend because our wedding photographer was testing it out. These are all cell phone pics.
And immediately put it to good use hauling wood:
Here's the new fire pit ring put together and the bonfire pile when we started with it:
And here's the pile after hours and hours of burning, raking up leaves at the bottom of the pile, and hauling away some painted wood:
|That grass has been covered since...September or October? It's dead for good :(|
This coming weekend we will be making more progress on the tapered columns!!